[QuadList] First Tech Publication posted to website: Ampex 1021 Intersync...

DCFWTX at aol.com DCFWTX at aol.com
Tue Aug 5 17:22:41 CDT 2008

In a message dated 8/5/2008 2:53:17 PM Pacific Daylight Time, WVGOfm at aol.com
writes:

> I can sure relate to that, Allan!
> ....and how could I forget the countless Xcelite green screwdrivers I
> either wore out or lost under the machine while doing said alignment!
> I always said back then that Ampex should have supplied knee pads in the
> 1200/2000 service kits.
> Guy

Well, this was one of the reasons to visit NAB: Go find the Merlin booth and
get a Merlin Tweaker (for those Intersync recessed adjustments i.e.
discriminator). Better yet, make multiple passes at the Merlin booth for a years
supply...Also would come in handy on the VR 2000A model audio circuit boards (the
VR2000B had pots with knobs attached).

David Crosthwait
DC Video
Archive Videotape Re-mastering
177 West Magnolia Blvd.
Burbank, CA. 91502
818-563-1073
818-563-1177 (fax)
818-285-9942 (cell)
DCFWTX at AOL.COM
DAVID at DCVIDEO.COM
WWW.DCVIDEO.COM

Looking for a car that's sporty, fun and fits in your budget?
Read reviews on AOL Autos.