[QuadList] First Tech Publication posted to website: Ampex 1021Intersync...

Don Norwood dwnorwood at embarqmail.com
Wed Aug 6 10:04:19 CDT 2008

Here's a question and a "special offer"..........

David mentions Merlin.  They offered as one of their upgrades, a separate power supply for the Intersync.  The mod consists of an OEM +/-12 volt supply from HP which is mounted in the rear of the machine and removes the servo system from the machine's power supply.  I have a 1200 with this mod, and it certainly works OK, but I can't tell that there's really any difference in stability of the Intersync.  Does anyone know what specific problem this upgrade was supposed to address?

And now the special offer........you can't get Merlin tweakers anymore, but a few years ago, another collector and I bought an assortment of Ampex parts which included some official Ampex tweakers!  These are very nice blue Spectrol tweakers imprinted with the Ampex Op Center 800 number.  If you'd like a couple of them, send me your mail address and I'll send them to you for the cost of mailing and a padded envelope.  WARNING: May cause unpredictable results if used to adjust equipment not manufactured by Ampex!

Don