[QuadList] Introductions

Don Norwood dwnorwood at embarqmail.com
Wed Aug 6 17:23:11 CDT 2008

Hi Joe:

No, the 800 didn't die, although from all reports I've heard, perhaps it should have!  Here are links to some pics I have of a couple of them that I saw a few years ago.  Both of these include the built-in edit controller with the second pic showing a "married" pair.

http://dwn.home.twave.net/vtrs/TH800a.jpg
http://dwn.home.twave.net/vtrs/TH800b.jpg

No intention of starting an Ampex vs RCA debate (I think they both have their good and bad points) but as a primarily Ampex user, I must point out that switching from hi-band to low-band on an Ampex quad only required one switch on the older machines, or no switches at all on the newer machines with automatic selection.  It's been awhile since I was around RCA machines.  What were the two switches for?

Don