[QuadList] First Tech Publication posted to website: Ampex 1021Intersync...

WVGO WVGOfm at aol.com
Wed Aug 6 20:38:34 CDT 2008

Interesting question, Don.
It always seemed to me back then that the Intersync drift was more a
function of ambient temperature than the power supply voltage changing.
I worked at a PBS station way back then that had 3 1200s and a 2000,
which, probably unlike most commercial operations, were not powered up
24/7.  You could forget doing anything with the machine for at least an
hour after powerup....otherwise, you'd be tweaking discriminators almost
continuously instead of just a couple of times  per shift.
Guy