[QuadList] Peacocks, Telecine transfers and Cohus

Tim Stoffel tim at lionlamb.us
Sat Aug 16 17:31:18 CDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-08-15 at 18:35 -0700, Ted Langdell wrote:

> On Aug 15, 2008, at 4:31 PM, DCFWTX at aol.com wrote:
>
> > Cohu.
>

> Any idea why?

I cared for two Cohu cameras at WXXI in Rochester. They were old, and the film
chain's optics were beat. But, these cameras were simple to set up and made
decent pictures, especially with good tubes. Unfortunately, these cameras were
lost in the 'great throw-out of 2005'. Someone at the station managed to
grab the manuals and send them to me-- one of the few pieces of
documentation I got from WXXI. They also sent me all the test slides,
but failed to find the really nifty inconel gray scale slide which was
designed to go over the field lens. I also had a homemade alignment jig
that fit in this slide. It was a piece of wood with a piece of tape
covering a 1/4 inch hole in the center. A pinhole was placed in the tape
at the exact center. There was also a drawing on the outward side with
marks to align the projected image on. With this in place over the field
lens, I could easily adjust projector alignment. Just adjust the
alignment until the light spot and its ghost image were on top of each
other. Saved hours of making precise measurements.

Tim Stoffel