[QuadList] RCA TRT Quad Headwheel panel on ebay

Don Norwood dwnorwood at embarqmail.com
Sat Dec 20 22:22:01 CST 2008

Yes, it was for 7.5 ips.  It was used on all models up thru the TR-22.  I believe that most machines did use the air bearing version though.  I know that many of the TRT-1's were converted for air bearing heads.  A machine equipped for air bearing heads could also use the older ball bearing heads.  That was true for both RCA and Ampex.

Don