[QuadList] 1959 Pontiac Star Parade

Dennis Degan DennyD1 at verizon.net
Sun Dec 28 15:43:22 CST 2008

		On Dec 27, 2008, at 8:32 PM, C. Park Seward wrote:

 > Even looking through the massive compression on YouTube, the transfer
looked great. I'd love to see some DVDs of old shows commercially
available.

		I add:

	Me too.  What's even more impressive is how good it looks considering
that this YouTube video appears to have originated on either VHS or
U-Matic.  There's switching visible at the lower left corner.
	Despite this, it does look amazingly good.  I'm wondering which studio
it was shot in.  At Burbank (and based on the location of the elephant
door in the background where the dancers enter), it could be either
Studio 2 or Studio 3.  Studios 1 & 4 have their doors on the left side
from this viewpoint.  That's my little detective work right there . . .
.  ;)

			Dennis Degan, Editor-Consultant-Knowledge Bank
	  				NBC Today Show, New York