[Quadlist] Brief Introduction

Don Norwood dwnorwood at embarqmail.com
Tue Jul 29 16:41:40 CDT 2008

Having just joined this list a few days ago, I wanted to very briefly say
how pleased I am that this group exists.  I can already see that there are
familiar names here, and obviously a great deal of experience, so how much I
may be able to contribute is uncertain, but I'm always pleased to be able to
share whatever knowledge I have about videotape machines.

My first experience with quads was in the late 60's on RCA TRT-1 series.
Shortly after that, I began to work with Ampex machines and although I've
been around various RCA models from time to time, most of my experience is
with Ampex including the VR-1100, VR-1200, VR-3000 and AVR-2.  I currently
have VR-1100, 1200 and 3000 models in operation, and hope to restore
additional machines following a move to larger quarters in a year or so.

Meanwhile, I'll be monitoring this list and hope that I can add some value
along the way.

Don Norwood
Digitrak Communications, Inc.
PO Box 2101