[QuadList] Open House - Midwest Archives Conference

Klara Foeller klf at mohistory.org
Wed Apr 8 14:22:38 CDT 2009

Hello all,
This is an invitation for those of you intending to or thinking about,
attending the Midwest Archives Conference in St. Louis the end of
April.  I will be holding an Open House on April 29 from 3 to 5 PM at
the Library & Research Center of the Missouri History Museum at 225
South Skinker Boulevard.  I will be directing tours of our Moving Image
& Sound Collections, with special emphasis on our Media Reformatting and
Digitization Lab.

I am intending to do demonstrations of our mastering and digitization
process from Quad (2") Video through Betacam SP mastering and digital
file creation and output.  The Quad machine is an Ampex VTR1200, and
I've been successful in recovering local television programming from the
1970s and early 1980s over the past couple of years and would like to
share my processes with my colleagues and hopefully initiate some
criticism and discussion.  My broadcast engineer will be available when
the discussion turns technical.  I think some of you will find the
experience interesting and informative; I will as well.

All who are interested are welcome to join us.  Please RSVP me so I can
estimate attendees, in case I need to call in additional support staff.
Anyone who is interested, but cannot attend in April, should know that I
am planning to hold another, probably more extensive Open House, during
the AMIA conference in St. Louis in November.

Hoping to have a lively and instructive experience for all
participants.  Please respond to:

Klara Foeller, Curator
Moving Image & Sound Collections
Missouri History Museum