[QuadList] NBC Control System--Burbank photo from David

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Wed Apr 1 10:54:09 CDT 2009

Great picture, David!  (It opens quite large when you double click on
it)

On Apr 1, 2009, at 8:29 AM, DCFWTX at aol.com wrote:

> You may also be curious to know that the entire tape room and edit
> bays were fully carpeted with ant-static theater carpeting, along
> with sound absorption ceiling tiles. Of course, massive central HVAC
> and plant supplied compressed air for the headwheels made for a
> quiet tape room, TR's, TCR's, VR's, and later BVH's.

When was the carpet installed?

Pictures I've seen of the original tape room appear to have tile floors.

What difference–if any—did the carpeting make on headwheel life?

Any ideas about  headwheel life on the various machines used over the
life of the room?

Skype: 	TedLangdell
e-mail:	ted at quadvideotapegroup.com