[QuadList] NBC Control System

Chill315 at aol.com Chill315 at aol.com
Mon Apr 6 10:14:37 CDT 2009

I remember this unit.  It was highly touted.  The Grass Valley  3240 series
with external reference ended up being the proc of choice.

I found that if I were to accurately time the edit suite with correct SCH
phase, that the proc amp was used more for the clips.  This was more  important
to us as we did programs that would go to disc.  But our facility  did not
have as big a system as NBC.  We only had two shooting rooms, three  on line edit
suites, a lot of other suites that required video in and  out.  Using the
central router, if we timed everything to that, then  distributed to the rooms by
the router, everything stayed in SCH phase.   The only thing that was not was
the output of the edit and production  switchers.  Did not put frame syncs in
the system to keep away from audio  delay problems.

I still see Grass Valley 3240 come up on eBay and they are good proc  amps.

Chris Hill
steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221621488x1201450096/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fwww.freecreditreport.com%2Fpm%2Fdefault.aspx%3Fsc%3D668072%26hmpgID
%3D62%26bcd%3DAprilfooterNO62)