[QuadList] History - what is the REAL story

DCFWTX at aol.com DCFWTX at aol.com
Thu Apr 23 20:40:23 CDT 2009

In a message dated 4/23/2009 6:10:47 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
park at videopark.com writes:

> The WRC-TV dedication with Sarnoff and Eisenhower was recorded in Burbank
> OR at WRC. Was the AT&T microwave Long Lines good enough for color in
> 1958? And if they did record it in Burbank, why not at WRC? I was told this
> week it was recorded at WRC.
>

> Let's set history straight!

Recorded in Burbank.
Reason: Zone delay only. Remember that machines were scarce. Listen to the
audio: 5 khz. tops.
Was the AT&T microwave Long Lines good enough for color : NYC to Burbank:
Yes. Probably that way since the 1955 Rose Parade colorcast at least.

Ed Reitan probably can go into more detail or correct me.

Big savings on Dell XPS Laptops and Desktops!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1219799634x1201361008/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fad.doubl
eclick.net%2Fclk%3B214133440%3B36002254%3Bj)