[QuadList] History - what is the REAL story--details, source(s)

COURYHOUSE at aol.com COURYHOUSE at aol.com
Tue Apr 28 14:06:15 CDT 2009

this may me the bell TE prototype?

WE HAVE  THE LAB BOOKS  OUR MUSEM HERO K.D. SMITH KEPT ON THE  BELL TO MT
WILSON EXPERIMENTS.

II like this article.. I have all these mags....  wonder how I missed
this?

 (http://long-lines.net/tech-equip/radio/RTVN1148/p037.html)

>From the  Ampex list I posted about AT&T Long Lines:

AT&T provided "Long Lines" microwave and coaxial cable. Before 1957,  kines
were used for delay, quad tape after that.

At one time Long Lines  provided all the television distribution for all
the television networks.  Prior to television over the microwave radio it was
provided by Long Lines via  coaxial cable on B2 (Black & White) terminal
equipment and later on B3  (color) terminal equipment." - Roy Juch.

Microwaves for relaying  Television programs from 1948

_http://long-lines.net/tech-equip/radio/RTVN1148/p035.html_
(http://long-lines.net/tech-equip/radio/RTVN1148/p035.html)

Each repeater was improved to eventually carry at  least 1200 voice
circuits, or one television  channel.

My father  worked for AT&T Long Lines for over 40  years.

Best,
Park

Steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221621499x1201450105/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd=Apr