[QuadList] Fw: [AMIA-L] WARNING TO VIDEO ARCHIVISTS

Videomagnetics vmi at csprings.com
Tue Aug 4 09:34:27 CDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: Videomagnetics
To: AMIA-L at LSV.UKY.EDU
Sent: Monday, August 03, 2009 10:04 PM
Subject: Re: [AMIA-L] WARNING TO VIDEO ARCHIVISTS

Well said Jim. There is a narrow window of opportunity to get all the video media digitized. We are the only company left in the world refurbishing the quad heads and umatic 3/4 inch as well as other formats EAIJ heads ect. It is a reality that we could close the doors within the next 12 months unless we have an influx of cash or orders which would enable us to train new staff. I have heard that there are some out there that think they can build there own heads but they do not realize the complexity and the resources for tips and parts that are needed. We have been trying to get the word out but so far the response has been flat. Our engineering staff for the older formats are well beyond retirement. I can only say that if the conversion is not done in a short time allot of history will be lost forever.

Tony Korte
Videomagnetics Inc
800-432-3887