[QuadList] VR-1200B Daily Servo Set UP

Chill315 at aol.com Chill315 at aol.com
Sun Aug 23 10:02:27 CDT 2009

We had this on a 5 by 7 card that was taped inside the door below the
monitor on the sidecar.  It worked  and we had very few  problems.  Thought that
I would pass it on.

Chris Hill

VR-1200 B Series Inter-Sync Systems Daily Set Up

PRIOR TO ANY ADJUSTMENT, LET HEAD SPIN FOR ABOUT 30 MINUTES

Do in the following order

Reference Discriminator
With head spinning, adjust R28 on board 2  for zero.

Drum Oscillator

 With head stopped, adjust Drum oscillator R21 on board 6 for stable  wave
form.

Tach Discriminator

 With Drum spinning, set R85 on board 6 for zero

Capstan Oscillator

Set Capstan Oscillator for steady  wave form

Capstan Discriminator

 With Machine in Record, set R1 on board 12 for zero

Drum Tach position

 With Machine in Record, verify that tach is at correct position on  demod
using pulse cross.

If doing editing,

Turn Editor on

 Set H Phase to zero with input that you are using when source is  timed

 Set Tach Phase to same position as was used in RECORD mode

 Note: If original tape was as recorded with incorrect Tach phase, set
Tach phase to match the incorrect tape.

H phase sets quality of in-going edit and Tach Phase sets quality of out
going edit.  Do a test edit if desired and check AMTEC error for quality of
edits.
steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222846709x1201493018/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668
072&hmpgID=115&bcd=JulystepsfooterNO115)