[QuadList] Restoring an Ampex AVR-1

bill.spencer at northstarstudios.tv bill.spencer at northstarstudios.tv
Thu Aug 6 08:31:18 CDT 2009

It may be of little help, but attached is a pix of old #6 at PBS in
1973.  As you can see we had the Conrac mono video monitors.  The
operator is my old buddy Frank DiCamillo.  That is also him at our
Recortec cleaner where every piece of stock was cleaned and checked
prior to recording dubs for the bicycle syndication.  We sent a lot of
tapes to Pago Pago, American Samoa!

There is also a pix of the old transmission position where Paul Dalton
is watching something!  The row of AVR-1s is visible in the background.

Bill Spencer
RF Engineering Supervisor
NorthStar Studios, Inc.
3201 Dickerson Pike
Nashville, TN 37207

Phone 615.650.6000 ext. 6610
Cell 615.445.5616
Fax 615.650.6027
email bill.spencer at northstarstudios.tv

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE/HIPAA PRIVACY RULE: This message may contain
under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient (or
authorized to act on behalf of the intended recipient) of this message,
please do not disclose, forward, distribute, copy, or use this message
or its contents. If you have received this communication in error,
please notify us immediately by return e-mail and delete the original
message from your e-mail system. Thank you.