[QuadList] Time Base Correctors

Trevor Brown videovault at sky.com
Tue Dec 8 08:38:10 CST 2009

If I can put an RCA spin on this

Quad errors are much faster than helical errors and so I would not expect
and external TBC expecting helical errors to respond to quad errors

The TBC's and servos also interconnect with error signal called THF and THA
( RCA words)to keep these small window TBC's in the centre of their
operating range.

That was the TCR 100 problem two decks, two servos but only one TBC  it had
to perform without THA to keep the TBC centered

It drifted and failed to lock the only answer frequent alignment

Digital TBC's

The RCA TR 600 used digital error detection, but Analogue Error correction,
perhaps they had A to D problems,

Trevor Brown

videovault at sky.com