[QuadList] TBC

Guy Spiller quadruplex at verizon.net
Tue Dec 8 09:20:13 CST 2009

I have thought about coming out of the RCA mono ATC into an external TBC
for several years, as I had felt that the color ATC was probably the
weakest part of the system as far as video performance....at least in my
TR-70A.
Since I now have these 70Cs up and running to compare, I have noticed
quite an improvement in the performance of the entire playback system
relative to the 70A.  It's a fair comparison as all of them have the RCA
equivalent of Ampex's Vel Comp and AutoChroma....CAVEC.
I still have some curiosity about what an Ampex Zeus TBC would do fed
with the output of the mono ATC....so easy to do, that I'm somewhat
embarrassed that I haven't done it yet.  This discussion just may get me
motivated to try it.
Maybe another YouTube video might be in order....
Guy

--
Guy Spiller
email: quadruplex at verizon.net