[QuadList] TBC

Don Norwood dwnorwood at embarqmail.com
Tue Dec 8 09:38:52 CST 2009

Hi Chris:

Merlin did do some conversions of VR-1100's, but they also did conversions of 1200's which is what Park has.  Merlin did this for years, starting with the TBC-800 from Ampex, and progressing thru other models as the technology improved so that when you get to the version that Park has, the TBC design is relatively "modern", ie 10-bit.  My impression (which may not be accurate!) is that most of their work went into 1200's.  Perhaps Ken can addess this for us.

Don