[QuadList] Ampex VR-1200 on ebay-in Apalachin, NY

DCFWTX at aol.com DCFWTX at aol.com
Thu Dec 10 09:49:07 CST 2009

In a message dated 12/10/2009 5:45:09 AM Pacific Standard Time,
dwnorwood at embarqmail.com writes:

> Hello Guy:
>
> Check out the thread on the old VTR's list.  There's a likely answer to
> why
> this was done, but as far as the particularly odd placement of the monitor
>
> chassis, it could relate to the wiring harness.  I'm not sure the signal
> system could easily be moved down enough to put the monitor at the top of
> the bay, but there's some slack in the servo wiring.  However, putting it
> where they did effectively blocks the airflow thru that entire side.
> Probably not a good thing!
>
> Don

I'm putting my money on the theory that this machine was in a remote truck
(converted bread van, station wagon, Winnebago etc.), the monitor bridge was
removed and the audio monitor chassis had to go somewhere.

David Crosthwait

DC Video
Archived Media Transfer & Re-mastering Services
WWW.DCVIDEO.COM