[QuadList] Ampex VR-1200 on ebay-in Apalachin, NY

Don Norwood dwnorwood at embarqmail.com
Thu Dec 10 13:45:25 CST 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Guy Spiller" <quadruplex at verizon.net>

> I'm going to keep an eye on it too.   A bit of a hassle to go up there,
> but I've done a lot worse road trips!  Right, Don?  LOL
> I seem to have inadvertently "collected" some more 1200 parts recently and
> it might be interesting to relive my long ago 1200 days at some point.
> Guy

Yes, I must say that Guy has racked up a few exciting road trip experiences
when it comes to rescuing tape machines and other treasure.  I've had the
pleasure of being a part of several of them, and the even greater pleasure
of missing a couple of the more "interesting" ones!  But hey, this one
should be a piece of cake.....the monitor bridge is already loose and should
be easy to remove if necessary and the machine is on wheels......what could
possibly go wrong?????

Don