[QuadList] June 1956 RCA Broadcast News sells for $177.50

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Thu Feb 12 14:24:00 CST 2009

I don't know if this is a record, but this RCA Broadcast News of June,
1956 sold for $177.50.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360128271762

Bidding took the magazine from an initial $19.99, with a bidding war
ultimately lost by two peple who bid the price up from $23.40 over six
days. The winner bid only once, topping all others.

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=360128271762&showauto=true

The same two people who lost the June '56 issue took the Sept., 1953
issue to $164.03 in two bids,
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=360128266955

There were two other +$100 sales in the batch of 35 magazines.

The same two people who were sparring for the Sept. 1953 issue battled
over the August 1956 issue, which sold for $142.50:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=360128272447

The December '56 issue went for $100.94.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360128272975

In contrast, the August, 1958 issue with a description of the Quad
recorder installation at NBC Burbank went for only $34, after four bids.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=360128460986

The April '58 issue with an article "How the RCA Video Tape Recorder
Works" went for 58.44.June, 1959 with an item about the WBTV Quad
install going in "record time" had only one bid of $19.99, and the
October '59 issue with a followup on the WBTV installation went for
only $21.49.

If anyone on the list happened to be winning bidders, I'd appreciate
the opportunity to post good scans of the Quad articles for everyone's
enjoyment and research.

Ted.

Skype: 	TedLangdell