[QuadList] Non-Contact Extraction of the Program from Quad Tape - Ampex n...

Chill315 at aol.com Chill315 at aol.com
Mon Feb 16 18:32:32 CST 2009

I came up with another idea for non contact playback.

Ampex made the high speed duplicator that used a mirror image master with a
very high orested magnetic tape.  Then the master was put in an intimate
contact with a regular tape and subjected to a field.  NET in Ann Arbor had  one
of the machines.  It was lost in the fire that took the building.   Along with
a number of historic items.

Anyhow, could a low energy field be passed through the tape with a
stationary sensor in contact with the tape.  Then sense the magnetic  properties of the
tape.  This would have to be a very low level so as not  to erase the tape.
The sensor would have to be on the order of 5 to 10  mills wide.  Most likely
5 mils wide to be able to recognize the guard  bands.

Then have a standard audio stack read the audio.

Now that I came up with a pipe  dream, any  comments?
steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1218822736x1201267884/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072%26hmpgID=62%26bcd=fe
bemailfooterNO62)