[QuadList] AMIA Conference 2009--St. Louis--Quad Workshop/Seminar/Presentation?

Steve Greene steve.greene at nara.gov
Thu Feb 5 07:33:15 CST 2009

Ted,
I'm interested.  I was thinking independently about a presentation on
the Presidential Libraries quad reformatting project we discussed in a
thread a few weeks ago.  I've already got a couple of things in mind for
archival screening night, as well.

Steve Greene
Audiovisual Archivist
Nixon Presidential Library and Museum
(301) 837-1772

>>> ted at quadvideotapegroup.com 2/5/2009 6:30:49 AM >>>

FYI:  The 2009 Association of Moving Image Archivists annual Conference
is being held in the home city of.... <tympani>.....

Quad Videotape Group member Klara Foeller, Curator, Moving Image &
Sound Collections at the Missouri History Museum.

No date for Conference has been announced, yet... but it's generally in
the fall. I'll advise as soon as known.

As you might remember from her initial post in November, Klara
described having three collections with 800 Quad tapes, and a working
Ampex VR-1200 she's been using to transfer material with.

Plan for at least one Quad Videotape Group dinner during the five day
run... and I suspect, a visit to Klara's collections and perhaps a
screening.

If anyone wants to assist or take the lead in developing Quad-related
workshops, seminars or presentations, I'd be happy to facilitate the
paperwork and coordination.  Forms are supposed to be available Feb.
15.

Deadline will likely be in late May or early June based on last year's
deadlines.

To find out more about AMIA, go to http://amianet.org.
To check up on the AMIA Conference, click on
http://www.amiaconference.com
Learn more about St. Louis from http://www.explorestlouis.com

flashscan8.us