[QuadList] AMIA Conference 2009--St. Louis--Quad Workshop/Seminar/Presentation?

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Thu Feb 5 13:27:21 CST 2009

I think Klara benefits from some good engineering support... from a
long-time station engineer whom she says "LOVES Quad..."

And as both of you point out... there's an illuminating discussion
that can be brought out about in-house work.

If you're interested in participating in or developing workshops,
presentations or panels, please jump in with what you'd like to do,
and on the other end of the spectrum, what you'd like to learn.

Ted.

On Feb 5, 2009, at 10:49 AM, Klara Foeller wrote:

> Please consider participating in the session I'm proposing.  There
> are very good reasons why some institutions should NOT "try this at
> home", and further, some good reasons why NO small or mid-sized
> institution can master and digitize ALL their own media holdings.
> It would be great to generate a good debate on this issue with all
> sides being well represented. ;-)
>
> Klara
>
> C. Park Seward wrote:
>> And then I'll do a session on why it is better for small facilities
>> NOT to develop their own in-house capabilities!!!   :-)
>>
>> Best,
>> Park
>>
>> C. Park Seward
>> Visit us: http://www.videopark.com
>>
>> On Feb 5, 2009, at 9:47 AM, Klara Foeller wrote:
>>
>>> encouragement and advice to smaller institutions on how to develop
>>> some level of effective in-house mastering and digitization
>>> capabilities

Ted Langdell
flashscan8.us