[QuadList] 6.5 mil heads... (was Re: 15 mil Headwheels ?!?!?!?!?!)

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Thu Feb 26 20:21:39 CST 2009

The topic made me think of someone telling me—David Crosthwait?—about
why 6.5 mil heads were used, but I can't quite recall the details.

There were some benefits... perhaps better interchange.

Thanks,

Ted

On Feb 26, 2009, at 6:14 PM, Don Norwood wrote:

> Tony:
>
> Thanks so much for answering this!  I did recall some longer life
> heads, but I didn't associate them with the 15 mil width.
>
> Don
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "videomagnetics, Inc."
> <vmi at csprings.com>

209 East 12th Street
Marysville, CA 95901
Main: 	(530) 741-1212
Cell: 	(530) 301-2931

Secretary for the  QuadVideotapeGroup.com:
Preserving Tape, Equipment and the Knowledge to use them, in
conjunction with the Library of Congress
ted at quadvideotapegroup.com

tedlangdell.com. Storytelling through Broadcast Coverage and Creative
Services since 1974

flashscan8.us gentle, realtime flashscan8, flashstransfer 16/35
digital film transfer systems
and other products from the creative engineers at MWA Nova, Berlin.