[QuadList] Quad Photo of the Day--VR-1200's at KMUV, 31, Sacramento, 1974

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Sat Jan 3 12:19:57 CST 2009

If you have Quad photos (or links to them) feel free to send them to
me at ted at quadvideotapegroup.com, and we'll post them like vitamins...
One a Day.

Here's a link to the original Quad VR-1200 configuration at KMUV, 31,
Sacramento (now KMAX-TV/DT) in 1974, not long after the station signed
on.

http://www.sbe124.org/Tours/Sacramento/KMUV/KMUV_Hard_at_work_1974_800X600.jpg

Ampex installed them as part of a turnkey studio.

See photos of the station by former Sacramento area engineer Kent
Randals, who shot these photos in 1974 when the station was just on
the air and posted them 31 years later.

http://www.sbe124.org/Tours/Sacramento/KMUV/

(I'd swear that's the back of current Thompson/Grass Valley sales
engineer Mark Cholis' head in front of the right-hand 1200...) but I
recall at least one VR-2000 with sidecar in the late 1970's where the
right-hand 1200 is.  I'll have to ask Mark what he remembers, since he
ran hours and hours of material from them while going to college.