[QuadList] Question for any ex-NBC types out there

Tony Quinn tony at tqvideo.co.uk
Thu Jan 8 12:26:08 CST 2009

Elsewhere somebody has suggested the following referring to "Rowan and
Martin's Laugh-In".

>I read something *very interesting* about R&MLI recently
>The finished show was so fast paced that the only way they
>could edit it, was to transfer all the material from tape to
>film, edit the film conventionally, then use that as a guide
>to dub the master tape. A sort of early off-line editing.

Is there any truth in the suggestion - I'd imagine that there would be
issues with 24fps telerecordings and 29.97 NTSC tapes.

Were there any 30fps telerecorders available at the time?

I know that we struggled to get intermittent motion machines to run at
25fps, so I suspect that a 20% increase in frame rate would be nigh on
impossible. It *does* sound like bullshit to me, but I thought that i'd
ask.
--
Religious people like to think they are persecuted, but objectively they are
treated much better than they would be were they peddling equivalent hokum