[QuadList] Question for any ex-NBC types out there (Tony Quinn)

Phillip G. Shaw pshaw at sitestar.net
Thu Jan 8 17:52:32 CST 2009

I would add to Ted Langdell response noting that the  Telecine was used to
make the off-Line Production EDL.

The On-line (Air Master) editing was done with the Miller-editor.

Per: Jack Calloway
"once the offline was completed, the video tape editor manually  conformed
the video tape, using the Smith splicer, and making his cuts  based on the
ESG."

to add to the description of the Smith Splicer, the developing was a very
small area of the "Control Track"
to find the nearest FRAME pulse to the ESG. The cut & splice made to
matching frame pulses.

I remember making edits with that spicer and the resulting Headwheel Zing on
the first pass. Butt Ugly

BTW: I have the only know firm ware for RCA SEP editor (in my Junk) 3 ROM's
The RCA Time code systems where EECO supplied, looks like Ampex did likewise

Phillip G. Shaw