[QuadList] Check out Vintage Quadruplex VTR Headwheel RCA TRT Quad- eBay ...

Chill315 at aol.com Chill315 at aol.com
Wed Jan 28 18:46:04 CST 2009

The trade was done for the technologies that made quad work.  RCA and  Ampex
did a trade that I believe was documented somewhere in an interview with
Charles Ginsberg.  I will try to find that.  There were numerous  people and firms
involved with the development over the years.  3M did the  dropout
compensators for machines.  Someone else invented the variable  delay line time base
corrector that was then licensed to Ampex.  I remember  a sticker on the unit.
Was it a gentleman at WBBM?  Anyone  know?  I did see a tube type AMTEC that
was the old NET facility in  Ann Arbor, MI.  They had a contact duplicator for
quad.  Unfortunately  the place caught fire and was destroyed.

Chris Hill
steps!
cemailfooterNO62)