[QuadList] Gene Kelley Show color recording system

Dennis Degan DennyD1 at verizon.net
Sat Jan 3 11:50:17 CST 2009

			On Jan 2, 2009, at 8:55 PM, John R. Schilberg wrote:

 > I did a Google search on the Panasonic MARC system and came across
this tid-bit from a recording book authored by C. Denis Mee, Mark H.
Clark. Here's a snippet from "Magnetic Recording: The First 100
Years"...
There were four or five machines in a cart, and each waited its turn.
In 1987 the Panasonic MARC (M-II automated recording/playback cassette
system)...

			I now say:

	Thanks for jogging my memory, John.  It's Panasonic's MARC system that
replaced the TCRs at NBC.  I wasn't there then.

			Dennis Degan, Editor-Consultant-Knowledge Bank
	  				NBC Today Show, New York