[QuadList] QuadList Digest, Vol 7, Issue 5

Dennis Degan DennyD1 at verizon.net
Sun Jan 4 11:38:56 CST 2009

			On Jan 3, 2009, at 7:55 PM, Ted Langdell wrote:

 > Any idea what happens now when archive film needs to be transferred
for something?  Say a historic retrospective or an Obit when someone
like Henry Kissinger passes away?

			I offer:

	I can answer that.  A producer will request a Beta SP comp to be sent
over from the New Jersey Archive.  They may put together various clips
onto one Beta SP.  The material was pretty much all transferred from
the original film or U-Matic to either Beta SP or MII (I know, I know).
	If there's a rush order, the NJ Archive can feed material by microwave
to 30 Rock.  We do it all the time.  It comes in on REM 91.

			Dennis Degan, Editor-Consultant-Knowledge Bank
	  				NBC Today Show, New York