[QuadList] Gene Kelley Show color recording system

Don Norwood dwnorwood at embarqmail.com
Sun Jan 4 13:05:39 CST 2009

Merlin apparently used several different TBC's in their quad machines over
the years.  According to their literature, in addition to the NEC unit that
they used in Park's machine, they also used....

1)  A modified Ampex TBC-800.  I believe this may have been one of their
first TBC mods and dates to the mid 70's.

2)  NEC NTC 5000

3)  Adda VW-2

In all cases, the literature indicates that Merlin performed some degree of
modification to all of these TBCs, so it's unclear how well a stock unit
would perform with a quad.

Don