[QuadList] Quad Libraries--White House Communications Agency

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Mon Jan 5 12:38:28 CST 2009

Hi, Steve,
On Jan 5, 2009, at 8:16 AM, Steve Greene wrote:

> I'll be happy to try to provide additional information to any
> interested parties.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Steve Greene

I'm sure folks on the list would be interested in the process and
equipment used for migration and what format(s) they end up on.

Sounds like you have to send tapes back to College Park for transfer?
Do you get them back or are they stored there?

Looking at the 1973 logs for WHCA, it would appear that the local
Washington/Baltimore stations newscasts were recorded... which would
have meant quite a few machines rolling at the same time.

What can you tell us about the WHCA facilities for recording and
editing Quad in the Nixon years?  Photos?

When did WHCA's use of Quad end?

Thanks very much,

flashscan8.us
209 East 12th Street
Marysville, CA 95901
Main: 	(530) 741-1212
Cell: 	(530) 301-2931

Secretary for the QuadVideotapeGroup.com:
Preserving Tape, Equipment and the Knowledge to use them, in
conjunction with the Library of Congress
ted at quadvideotapegroup.com

flashscan8.us home of gentle, faster than realtime flashscan HD,
realtime flashscan8, flashstransfer 16/35
digital film transfer systems and other products from the creative
engineers at MWA Nova, Berlin.

tedlangdell.com. Storytelling through Broadcast Coverage and Creative
Services since 1974