[QuadList] Question for any ex-NBC types out there (Tony Quinn)

allanmc-avtech at comcast.net allanmc-avtech at comcast.net
Thu Jan 8 21:33:02 CST 2009

Speaking of the Faint of Heart.....try CUTTING the football high light package
on 2" tape and cueing it up (without enough time to even preview your edit) as
you hear the On-Air talent call for the playback.  You tend to watch that edit
pretty carefully and pray that it will even holds together.  I'll admit to having
one ZINGER go on the air to the Network.   And, I've seen one from my tape
partner actually come apart "on air" when the head tip caught the tape and
actually rolled it over.  I promise you the only noise worse than the head ZINGING
into the crumpled tape is the yelling coming through the IFB.   But, I also want
to tell you that there was an exhilerating high when you nailed it and it all
worked!   Those times made all the tensions and pressure worth while.   I think
most tape op editors would have to admit that they enjoyed working under pressure and being on top of a demanding technical art form.   Those were fun days.

Allan

From: "C. Park Seward" <park at videopark.com>