[QuadList] Guerilla splices (was RCA types)

Joe Owens jpo at prestodigital.ca
Thu Jan 8 22:44:30 CST 2009

I was out there in repeater station-land loading up Merv Griffin
after the Late News run...  fast-forwarding through the slugs -- 30
sec on-air breaks and roll it back in on cue.  Using the mechanical
timer -- no time code.
A friend and I made a joke tape, "editing" on a TR-70C... just
rolling an old spot tape through cutting it up with scissors, masking
taping the splices together... snipping the edges for an audio
insert... cleverly inserted a jump cut (while we replaced the reel),
rolled the whole thing back and played "it" through --- hey! looked
pretty good!  Management didn't seem to think it was very
funny....    ;-)

> Bicycle tapes.
> It was amazing to see how often we would use NEW tape stock on the
> shipped bicycle tape spots....only to see it replaced by some
> station down the line out in the field.   Cause, I frequently got
> CRAP tape back and have also seen tapes stapled, scotch taped, and
> even paper clipped together.  Never was a dull moment in the tape
> room.
>
> Allan
>  ilman/listinfo/quadlist_quadvideotapegroup.com

Joe Owens
Presto!Digital Colourgrade
302-9664 106 Avenue
Edmonton, Alberta T5H0N4