[QuadList] QuadList Digest, Vol 13, Issue 57

rabruner at aol.com rabruner at aol.com
Tue Jul 21 22:21:04 CDT 2009

This picture from the old radio site is the RCA/Sony 1-inch C machine, the Sony BVH-1100 - RCA called it the TH-100. In this picture it is sitting on the 'Tea Cart' console arrangement with the transport door open.? The machine itself was in?its table top?configuration, sitting on top of a short rack on wheels?and it rolled back into the rest of the cabinet, which held the monitor gear.? The TBC went in the bottom of the roll around rack.? You could buy just the machine and sit it on your own table, or it would break down from the cube configuration and you could mount it in a conventional rack. The transport mounted at the top, above the the electronics (the back of the cube) with the TBC filling in the bottom. It took a pricey rack mount adapter kit to make this happen. Mounted this way, it filled most of a 7 foot rack. I worked with a lot of these over the years.? I only saw one station that sprang for the bucks for the 'Tea Cart."
Bob Bruner
WTTW/Chicago

http://www.oldradio.com/archives/hardware/TV/rca-th100.jpg

> http://www.oldradio.com/archives/hardware/TV/RCA-TV.htm
>
> RCA TR-800

Hi Ted:

The pic from the oldradio site is a bit inaccurate.  It was actually a TH-800,
not TR, but the most interesting thing is that the picture is a mirror image.
Here's one oriented the right way and also including a built in edit controller
accessory on the right side.