[QuadList] GPTV quads (was SCETV Consoles--did they look like these RCA)

Sammy Jones sjones69 at bellsouth.net
Wed Jul 22 16:54:23 CDT 2009

Guy,

Glad you saw and liked the photos!  It was a really neat trip, and I was glad to see that SCETV has retained so much of their past.  Unfortunately, GPTV/GPB has not!

I heard that someone got those quads.  Are you trying to restore them?

I doubt that your machines recorded the GETV quads; as you may know although WGTV is now wholly owned and operated by Georgia Public Broadcasting (actually the Georgia Public Telecommunications Commission), before the 1980s, WGTV and GETV/GPTV were affiliated but entirely separate entities.  GPTV has maintained production headquarters in Atlanta since the 1960s, while WGTV was based in Athens at UGA.

Sammy Jones
Associate Producer
Georgia Public Broadcasting

Guy wrote:
As as aside, I might have the very machine that recorded that "Georgia
Educational Television Network" quad tape.  I picked up four machines
this spring from the University of Georgia campus in Athens that were
used at WGTV when the studio was there.
Guy