[QuadList] AVR-3 was Re: AVR2 Tension Arms

W4wj at aol.com W4wj at aol.com
Fri Jul 24 21:44:39 CDT 2009

I shudder at the thought of the AVR-2 under computer  control!!

We had 5 of the early AVR-3's...  They were very  impressive once all
the bugs were ironed out by 5 engineers from the Ampex AVR-3  design
team!  I think we were the ALPHA site!!   ;-)

I did some computer editing using the Ampex EDM-1 system  talking to 3 of
those machines.  Very nice set up for 2" ...

Don Murray
40 years in Miami Television
35+ years at WTVJ NBC O&O

In a message dated 7/23/2009 6:26:15 A.M. Central Daylight Time,