[QuadList] Restoring an Ampex AVR-1

Dave Sieg dave at zfx.com
Mon Jul 6 10:08:24 CDT 2009

John:
I believe this is your problem.  But a picture of the transformers is only
1/3 of the information required.Measurement of the power plug as I described
is also required, as is a look at the pages of the manual that describe the
power strapping options.  Its amazing how few people understand 3-phase
power.
Dave

On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 11:02 AM, John Walko <jwalko at scenesavers.com> wrote:

>  Dave:
>

> I am going by what two different engineers told me.  The one was the
> engineer who worked on the machine during its life at the TV station it was
> used at and the other was an engineer from our facility.
>

> I can tell you this…the transformer was wired differently than in the
> manuals we have…which makes this a little bit confusing.  We have the
> original manuals from this machine, but the wiring diagrams don’t exactly
> conform to the way the transformer is wired.
>

> The next time I am at the facility, I’ll take a picture of the transformer
> and email it to the group.
>

> --
Dave Sieg
http://www.davesieg.com