[QuadList] NEC TBC

COURYHOUSE at aol.com COURYHOUSE at aol.com
Sun Jul 12 12:57:22 CDT 2009

oh......   I am going to  have to look ito this...

In a message dated 7/12/2009 10:36:27 A.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
Chill315 at aol.com writes:

This brings up some more cans of worms.

Is the sync on the tape NTSC EIA sync?  If not, the TBC may not  recognize
the Vertical interval and memory addressing will be an issue.   Plus if not
interlaced, I have no idea what will happen.  This is  experimental
territory for me.

Next, you have to make sure that the TBC will process Black and White
signals.  A multiple of 3.58 is used in all TBC's to generate a write  clock.
Usually 4X but also 3X.  If there is not a color burst, then  the TBC has to
generate a write clock.  Many times this is done with an  oscillator that is
referenced to the H sync frequency.  Make sure that  the TBC can do this.

Wish you luck with this one.

Chris  Hill

**************Looking for love this summer? Find it now on AOL Personals.