[QuadList] VR1200 Transport Hints

Don Norwood dwnorwood at embarqmail.com
Mon Jul 20 15:13:50 CDT 2009

Chris:

Very good summary !

I have a slightly different method that I can offer for the pinch roller.  You are correct that a very short 90 degree Allen wrench is essential.  You can "convert" a standard Allen wrench easily with a cut-off wheel on a moto-tool.

As you noted, there is some play in the mount for the pinch roller.  In order to align it properly, I generally secure it with the two screws "finger tight" and then move it into position against the capstan, and tighten it while holding there, thus insuring that it is usually aligned the first time.  I still do the optical check as you suggest, since there can be some movement with the tightening of the screws, but probably 90% of the time, that method gets it right the first time.

Looking forward to your next installment!

Don