[QuadList] Cronkite's first half-hour newscast... count the tape roll ins

Dennis Degan DennyD1 at verizon.net
Mon Jul 20 15:50:43 CDT 2009

		On Jul 19, 2009, at 6:30 PM, dcfwtx at aol.com wrote:

 > Dennis might be able to confirm this, but when the TK 44's finally
came to 30 Rock or Brooklyn, News appeared to get them last. They
seemed to be on the TK 41's later than other production studios.

		I reply:

	When I came to NBC NY in 1978, all the cameras were TK44's.  But in
speaking with many of the older-timers (older than me) back then, it
was mentioned (and has been confirmed elsewhere) that NBC did not
upgrade their TK-41's with new TK-42/43's because those cameras were
generally considered to be dogs.  So they held onto the -41's until a
suitable replacement became available, which turned out to be the
TK-44.
	I am not aware of any particular studio being last to be outfitted
with TK-44's but certainly they did not replace all the TK-41's at
once.  There must have been a 'last studio' to have TK-41's at 30 Rock
but I cannot confirm which studio that was.  As I mentioned, by the
time I arrived, they were all TK-44's.

	  					NBC Today Show, New York