[QuadList] Cronkite's first half-hour newscast... now Vertical Lockup

Dennis Degan DennyD1 at verizon.net
Mon Jul 20 19:38:27 CDT 2009

		On Jul 20, 2009, at 5:56 PM, dcfwtx at aol.com wrote:

Dennis,

Ted may want to change the subject line, but in the case of NBC New
York history, I came across the following: "The first recorded network
use of the digital frame store synchronizer occurred 7 April 1974 at
NBC facilities in New York. Tennis matches being covered in Germany and
transmitted via satellite were introduced or integrated into an NBC
program." I do not know if this was the NEC FS 10, or the Quantel DFS
S3000. Or ??? Someone a while back suggested that it may have been a
Quantel unit.

Attached here is a scan from the DC Video archives, the NEC FS 10. Two
of these went to NBC Burbank.

		I say:

	Cool picture, David.  Thanks.
	I'll bet NBC was testing out the FS-10s in New York before sending
them out to Burbank.   ;)

	  					NBC Today Show, New York