[QuadList] now talking about IO tube characteristics

Dale Lamm dlamm1 at neo.rr.com
Mon Jul 20 22:50:10 CDT 2009

[Park said]

Seems like the entire dub was overexposed or just recorded with the
gain too high. Look at the commercials and see how overexposed they
look. You know the commercials (the cash register) were not overexposed!

Were IO cameras overexposed to make up for poor black reproduction?

[end]

I've set up a TK-11 or two on outside broadcasts, starting at about age 18.
They were all we could use to do live or recorded HS football, owing to
their great night sensitivity. Cheaper vidicon cameras made horrible
pictures at most stadiums in the evening, but were OK in the daylight.

The Kennedy stuff looked like it was shot at high noon. JFK was squinting.
Were ND filters around at that time? We never had any till the PC-70's
arrived. Bright sunlight and IO pickups could be a real challenge for our
small, inexperienced crew.