[QuadList] Now SCETV 1-inch Consoles-(Was Videotape of CBS Kennedy assassination)

Dennis Degan DennyD1 at verizon.net
Tue Jul 21 14:29:25 CDT 2009

		On Jul 21, 2009, at 2:50 PM, Ted Langdell wrote:

 > Did they look anything like the two machines in this photo from KMUV,
Sacramento?
<pastedGraphic.tiff>
<http://www.sbe124.org/Tours/Sacramento/KMUV/
KMUV_tweaking_1974_400X600.jpg>

		I answer:

	No, the machines I saw in South Carolina were Type "C" VTR's.  As I
think about it more, I recall that they may have been Sony machines,
probably BVH-1100's, in a custom console built to accommodate a monitor
bridge across the top, similar to the Bosch quad VTR cabinets shown
here recently.  Most likely something that SCETV had built to their own
specs.  Remember, this was in 1979.  Too early for VPR-3's (plus this
console was wider than a VPR-3's) and too early for Sony BVH-2000's.
All I remember is they were big and wide for 1-inch VTR cabinets, but
had a fit & finish like they were made by the VTR company.
	I wonder if it was all in my mind?  It WAS 30 years ago . . . .   ;)
	Maybe they were quads?  Now, I'm sorry I brought it up.

	  					NBC Today Show, New York