[QuadList] TK42 / 43 at NBC

Dennis Degan DennyD1 at verizon.net
Tue Jul 21 17:03:41 CDT 2009

		On Jul 21, 2009, at 9:30 AM, Chill315 at aol.com wrote:

 > I found a few pictures in RCA Broadcast News from December 1966 that
showed the election coverage from studio 8H.  They were using 5 TK-43
cameras for this coverage.  The story says that two of the cameras were
then used for the instant news studio as they did not require warm up.
The others were doing duty elsewhere.
 > So there were RCA TK 42 / 43 cameras in use in NY.

		I say:

	Certainly I believe you Chris, but that contradicts everything I've
been told about NBC's color cameras.
	The 'instant news studio' (Studio 5N) was used very infrequently.
	I worked with a pair of TK-42/43s (yes, one was a -42 while the other
was a -43) in 1974 at the first TV station I worked at full-time:
<http://www.flickr.com/photos/dennisdegan/557859754/>
					<http://www.flickr.com/photos/dennisdegan/558126149/>
	And here I am, acting like a fool with a TR-70b:
					<http://www.flickr.com/photos/dennisdegan/515339326/>

	  					NBC Today Show, New York