[QuadList] Experiments with deinterlacing

Scott Thomas scottgfx at mac.com
Sat Jul 25 01:37:50 CDT 2009

I have a few techniques for deinterlacing. The best tool I've found
thus far is an After Effects plugin called RE:VisionFX FieldsKit.

http://www.revisionfx.com/

I use it a lot when having to match 1080i footage with progressive.

The simplest technique is, in a compositing application, just to move
the raster up or down one half of a pixel or scanline. (This assumes
the application understands sub-pixel accuracy)

Scott Thomas