[QuadList] Super High Band

DCFWTX at aol.com DCFWTX at aol.com
Mon Jul 27 16:33:02 CDT 2009

Hello Bill,

Welcome to the list!

Although we don't have the SHB boards for the AVR-2, we do have functioning
AVR-3's with Super High Band capability. Did some SHB work for a Nashville
client some time back. So, if SHB transfer work is needed, feel free to
contact me off list.

Best Regards,

David Crosthwait

DC Video
Archived Media Transfer & Re-mastering Services
177 West Magnolia Blvd.
Burbank, CA. 91502
818-563-1073
818-563-1177 (fax)
818-285-9942 (cell)
DCFWTX at AOL.COM
DAVID at DCVIDEO.COM
WWW.DCVIDEO.COM

In a message dated 7/27/2009 1:12:27 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
bill.spencer at northstarstudios.tv writes:

> Hello all!  I’m new to the list and I’ve searched most of the archives.
> Finding nothing on SHB I thought I would ask if anyone has a demod board
> for my AVR-2 to loan or a working machine that could transfer 17 hours of
> material?
>

> I also have 2 MK-X refurbs to trade, either for the work or a good MK-XV
> head.
>

> Ted said to tell a little something about myself so I’ll try to keep it
> short!  I’ve been in the TV business since about 1960 and actually found out
> they would pay you for doing it in 1967!  Cut my teeth on a VR-1000 at WKNO
> in Memphis.  It was provided by NET to play their bicycled tapes.  I
> remember playing the first mono tapes of Mr. Rogers back then.  We also had a
> VR-1100 and 1200.  Moved on to TR-4, 5, 22 at KLVX in Las Vegas, then to PBS
> in Washington where we had AVR-1.  To CBN in VA Beach where we had a TR-70
> and TR-600 mix.  When I got here to Nashville at WDCN they were still using
> a mix of TR-61 and TR-600.  At my present location at NorthStar Studios I
> keep up an AVR-2 and a TR-600 doing quad transfers as one of my side
> functions!  I think I’m the only active engineer in Nashville that still does
> quad work.  I sold my VR-2000s a few years back.
>

> I also do video and have to go get ready for a two hour live show this
> evening, so I’m looking forward to sharing quad stories and being a part of
> this forum.
>

> BTW, I turned down the 15,000 hour job a couple of years ago!  I did a few
> sample transfers for the guy who was shopping it at the time and informed
> him that the rights issue would be the hardest part of what they wanted to
> do.  Since then I think the lot has passed through two other hands.  I’m a
> purist who thinks every frame of film or video is a precious moment in time
> that someone somewhere would be interested in seeing if it was made
> available, so I hate to think of it all going to the landfill!
>

> 73,
>

> Bill Spencer, KY4O
>
>  RF Engineering Supervisor
>
>  NorthStar Studios, Inc.