[QuadList] What's the hottest ambient temp in which you've run a Quad deck?

JR Schilberg jrschilb at swbell.net
Sun Jun 28 22:35:58 CDT 2009

See comments below...

At 07:56 PM 6/28/2009, you wrote:
>With temps in the Central Sacramento Valley
>running from 105-111 degrees as I write this,
>(and my southwest corner office running 93.1 at
>desktop level despite 12,000 BTU's of AC in the window), I was curious to know:
>
>What's the hottest ambient temp you've in which you've run a Quad deck?

I didn't check at the time, but our (1) VR1200 &
(2) VR2000 tape room at KFDA-TV in Amarillo could
get rather warm, especially when the AC faltered.
In this particular case, I think it may have been "ill" at the time.

>What was the humidity?

Quite dry up at 3500' AMSL. Probably below 50%
and above 30%. I know a bag of chips stayed fresh for quite awhile there!

>Circumstances?

It was the edit session following our huge
regular production of All Star Wrestling. The
VR2000 was being finicky in the heat and I was
before it, in proper position (on my knees),
checking a few things when I looked up and behind
me and realized the BTU culprit. There stood a
wall of wrestling flesh, a mere 7' from the front
of the VTR. I recall seeing a few of the big
stars of the day like Junk Yard Dog, two of the
Funk brothers, André the Giant, and a couple
others gawking at the session. Their post-show
collective heat had raised the room temp
considerably. I remember feeling quite in charge
when I asked them all to give the machine more
breathing room, and in unison, they shuffled back
a few feet. Of course, the VR2000 began to perform once again like a champ!

John

=================

Have knelt before the TR-70A, TR-70C, TR-4,
TR-600 (barely), AVR-2, AVR-3, ACR-25 (buffer
version), VR-1200, VR-2000, Editec, the VPR-2 and the VPR-80

John Schilberg
13327 Nevermore Drive
Cypress, TX  77429-3123
N29 57.159 W095 37.482